Under limited supervision, organizes and maintains part of the construction schedule management system supporting company projects. Assists in setting up tasks and sub-tasks to ensure satisfactory completion of project requirements on schedule. Documents project activities and keeps task database up to date with progress. Prepare the reports required for the project. Interfaces with engineering, procurement, contracting and construction teams to map the execution plan into Primavera P6 scheduling software.
JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Identify project control issues through various methods and propose solutions to resolve the issues. Work closely with other members of the project control team to resolve identified issues by leveraging technical knowledge, designing innovative shortcuts, and reviewing engineering alternatives.
- Assess the impacts of design or construction changes and associated schedule delays and mitigation measures. Evaluate proposed process improvements, Requests for
- Information (RFIs) and varying site conditions for impacts on the project in terms of timelines.
- Evaluate and record project progress and performance and identify developing issues and trends that may be of concern to project success.
- Analyze the critical path and constraints to determine the effect of changes on the schedule and recommend mitigation measures and potential workarounds.
- Support the project control and project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems.
- Assist in the compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly project reports.
- Perform other related tasks as required by the project.
EXPECTED RESPONSIBILITIES :
Follow the appropriate procedures for the successful execution of the main project schedule and support internal customers such as engineering, procurement, contracts, and construction, as required. Interface with internal and external clients, to ensure proper management of the project schedule and the reports required by the project. Keep the project schedule up to date and produce the required reports. Strong technical understanding of engineering and procurement activities and the impact on construction as well as the use of planning software and strong problem-solving skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND COMPLEXITY :
Works under the supervision of the Senior Planner in accordance with their established guidelines, objectives, deadlines, and requirements.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Maintains current project schedule and generates required reports.
Strong technical understanding of engineering and procurement activities and the impact on construction as well as the use of planning software and strong problem-solving skills.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC PROFILE REQUIRED :
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline or equivalent experience, and three (3) to five (5) years of experience.
EXPERIENCE AND MUST HAVE :
· Leadership ability
· Good understanding of Primavera, Microsoft Project and the global planning process and best practices on industrial projects.
· Experience in scheduling execution, setting up controls to support scheduling, assessing work hours status, progress to completion, earned value (EVM) and project performance.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Primavera P6 and/or MS Project.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Analytical skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced project environment
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED :
· Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
· Ability to travel and work in remote areas as required by the project.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES :
- Listen to understand
- Safety awareness
- Appropriate communication
- Team work
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic thinking
- Decision making
- Focus on problem solving
- Results oriented
- Planning and organization
OPERATIONAL EXPECTATIONS :
Have a customer centric approach and comfortably develop a collaborative relationship with all project stakeholders.