Senior Cost Controller
Kanari Management is seeking a Senior Cost Controller for an assignment in the Eastern Canada area.
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE AND JOB FUNCTIONS :
Reporting to the Project Services Manager the Senior Project Controller is responsible for the accurate, effective, and timely control of Project costs and accounting functions to produce deliverable inline with Client’s and Project’s standards.
- Ensure all the budgets; forecasts and cost commitments are produced efficiently to a high standard in line with the Company, Client, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide specialist advice in designated areas of expertise.
- Work collaboratively with personnel across all business units.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Will include but are not limited to;
- Support team members with re-forecasting and estimating activities to complete project cost forecasts (trending).
- Assist with the conversion of project estimate to capital control budget.
- Monitor Project performance including costs, progress against schedule and internal reviews to provide a transparent assessment of critical project performances.
- Evaluate project progress to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline objectives. Recognise progress concerns and report immediately to the Project Managers to ensure projects are completed within both budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Collate project cost reporting requirements in accordance with company and Client standards to a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Assist Project Managers in decision making by constantly monitoring budget and expenditure changes, as well as providing regular updates of project status.
- Coordinate inputs from various team members including engineering, procurement, contracts, project, and construction in order to establish detailed cost, man-hour controls and schedule.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of Project Control Procedures and Processes, in particular cost control.
- Liaise with and provide professional support to Project Services team in the preparation Project deliverables.
- Register and file all relevant project documentation in accordance with the Company approved procedures.
- Assist with the entry and administration of data into the project controls software system.
- Proactively support other team members as required to ensure Project deliverables are met.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC PROFILE, EXPERIENCE AND MUST HAVE REQUIRED :
- 8+ years of experience in project Controls. i.e., mining and minerals, process & energy, EPC/EPCM, or heavy industry.
- A strong background in scheduling and cost control for construction projects.
- Previous project controls experience within an EPCM company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can you legally work in Canada? (Must have)
- Do you speak, read, write at a business level French? (desirable)