Major Capital Projects Procurement Lead
Posting date: October
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Major Capital Projects Procurement Lead will be accountable for:
- Management of the procurement function for all Major Capital Projects.
- Ensuring that corporate policies, procedures and standards are met by both internal employees and external shareholders;
- Purchasing (on and off contract), expediting, inspections, duties and transportation as required;
- Dealing with various procurement related activities, including but not related to: developing and maintaining procurement and sourcing strategies, develop and maintain procurement policies and procedures; oversee the tendering processes; manage contract negotiations; navigate supplier issues or supply disruptions;
- Providing input in projects on inventory planning as Project transitions to operations;
- Communicating with Project resources as well as sites and departments, The client Group procurement and Executive Management team;
- Engaging with external shareholders such as suppliers, lawyers, regulatory bodies and auditors.
The Major Capital Projects Procurement Lead will manage all procurement activities, more specifically:
- Oversee Project supply chain management activities, including assessment of cost/benefit and vendor efficiency;
- Be a key contact and client representative for procurement related supplier interactions;
- Manage vendor relationships by ensuring adherence to company purchasing policies;
- Ensure effective coordination between procurement and project execution personnel;
- Provide training to staff and external user group on newly developed procurement processes, systems and initiatives;
- Ensure customer focus towards supplying goods and services to the Project and adherence to the client policies on purchasing, compliance and contracts management;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all corporate departments and vendors;
- Lead the execution of various initiatives throughout the organization, including supporting the client procurement initiatives;
- Maximise purchasing strength to obtain most favorable terms and conditions of purchase;
- Provide a strong contractual resource link between service provider, contract administrator and site contact personnel;
- Review, recommend or approve spend as per Delegation of Authority;
- Develop and integrate project procurement strategies;
- Establish and maintain the database for bidders, suppliers and contractors;
- Oversee competitive biding and contract award process for operating supplies and equipment as well as for sustaining capital projects;
- Have a working knowledge of technical specifications as required for individual contracts;
- Initiate, develop, interpret, evaluate and issue contracts;
- Participate in Project planning meetings and report all procurement activities to Project Manager.
The candidate must have a university degree as well as a minimum of 10 years of experience in procurement, development and administration of contracts, as well as relevant experience in materials handling, supervision, administration and contract management.
A professional designation in purchasing, logistics or supply chain management and experience in managing direct report in a purchasing environment is also required.
Knowledge of engineering or mining disciplines is considered an asset.
The candidate must possess good leadership and business and customer service orientation, as well as excellent communication. Negotiation and influence skills are considered a valuable asset to improve overall operation performance.
The candidate must be focused, autonomous and organized, and have good problem-solving, analytical and synthesis skills.